Pratt Area Community Council (PACC) is a dynamic neighborhood-based organization. We combine tenant and community organizing, tenant and homeowner services, affordable housing development and management, economic development and social service supportive housing to improve the Brooklyn communities of Fort Greene, Clinton Hill, Bedford Stuyvesant, Crown Heights and Prospect Heights. PACC is seeking an energetic and organized candidate to assume the position of Activities and Events Coordinator. This position reports to the Director of Social Services.
• Plans, develops and implements a comprehensive art, activities and events program for HASA tenants.
• Responsible for planning, organizing, and creating a safe environment that offers a means of expression that positively impacts the tenants’ health status, feeling of wellness, and/or quality of life.
• Maintains up-to-date documentation of individual contact, monthly calendars, publicity, and prepares quarterly reports.
• Performs administrative tasks such as publishing and advertising upcoming events and activities, publishing the Gibb Globe newsletter, maintaining materials, equipment, requisitioning supplies and organizing art room
• Initiates and maintains positive tenant relationships.
• Responsible for self-development and supporting a learning environment.
• Displays commitment to the mission of PACC and its values.
• Work with the social service staff to improve attendance at already existing events.
• Research and publicize free and low cost activities in the neighborhood and throughout NYC that tenants can participate in.
• Attend and participate in all activities and events planned
• Research and ensure accessibility at events and trips for Gibb Mansion tenants.
• Obtain and coordinate donations of materials and supplies from free and low cost places for projects and events.
• Build relationships with other organizations/providers/companies that can lead events/trips/activities at Gibb Mansion.
• Participate in social service staff meetings, present monthly activities and event agenda and case conference difficult and resistant tenant participation.
• Work closely with the chef to coordinate food for events and activities
• Work closely with the PACC events and communications manager to organize events at Gibb Mansion for the tenants and outside community associates such as Quarterly Breakfasts.
• Other duties may be assigned.
• Minimum Bachelor’s in Art Therapy or related field required. Master’s Degree in Art or related field preferred.
• Experience in multiple media preferred and be able to work with a wide array of visual art mediums.
• Facilitate group activities and events
• Ability to strategically plan, develop, organize and prioritize multiple work assignments and projects.
• Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, and be able to easily engage individuals and build rapport creating a safe environment and a mode of expression through art.
• Candidate must be motivated and eager to work in a residential facility.
• Must be willing to work a flexible schedule with evenings and weekends required.
• The applicant must be passionate and committed to agency’s mission
• Experience in working with chronically ill, substance abuse and mentally ill populations.
• Must be computer literate.
• Spanish speaking a plus.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Competitive salary, commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits.
Please e-mail, fax or mail a cover letter and resume ATTN: Activities and Events Coordinator to:
201 DeKalb Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11205
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org FAX – 718-422-0413
PACC is an equal opportunity employer